Yes, one gardening technique protects soil, keeps down weeds, increases organic matter, reduces moisture loss and more! Mulch It!: A Practical Guide to Using Mulch in the Garden and Landscape is a simple manual to help you enjoy your garden while working less. By Stu Campbell. Paperback, 128 pages.
Key topics include:
• Finding and using the best sources of material
• Laying down the right thickness of topdressing
• Reviews of more than 50 types of media, like oyster shells, bark, cocoa hulls and others
• Frugal and pricey options
• Enhancing water retention and earthworm population growth
• Best choices for landscaping, vegetables, flowers, trees or shrubs