Karanja Cake (55lb)
Ideal for garden soils and potting mixes! Organic Karanja Cake (Pongamia pinnata) is what remains after the seed kernels have been processed for oil. Rich in minerals and organic nitrogen (4.5%), it is an effective plant based “green manure” or fertilizer. Give it a try … you’ll be amazed by the results!
• Improves strength, flavor and quality of crops
• Contains phyto-chemicals which inhibit the growth of pathogenic soil microbes
• Encourages beneficial organisms — earthworms love it!
• Completely biodegradable and leaves no residues
• Approved organic by the Wa State Dept of Agriculture
Available size: 55 lb Bag
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
Gardens: Use as a top-dressing around plants or work into the soil at a rate of 25 lbs per 1,000 square feet. Water thoroughly after application.
Containers: Add 1 cup per 5-gallons of soil or soilless media.
Soil Drench/ Foliar Spray: Place 1 cup in a mesh bag and brew with 5 gallons of water for 1-2 days. If using an air pump, bubble for 36-48 hours prior to application.
As a preventative measure, use during the whole lifecycle of your plants. Often combined with neem for dramatic results.